Connect with us
BSM Summit
blank

News Television

Conan O’Brien Awaited a Nervous Breakdown After “Conan” Ended

O’Brien elaborated on his final “Conan” show, which featured the likes of Jack Black, Will Ferrell and a memorable “The Simpsons” tribute.

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

blank

In June, comedian Conan O’Brien said goodbye to the late-night circuit following his departure from his TBS’ “Conan” show. After 28 years of hosting late nights, O’Brien transitions to his new ventures with HBO Max and season 3 of the “Inside Conan podcast. 

Deadline relayed the conversation that O’Brien had with “Conan” writers Mike Sweeney and Jessie Gaskell, who host the podcast series, as the trio discussed the beginning, middle, and end of O’Brien’s run in late-night. 

O’Brien elaborated on his final “Conan” show, which featured the likes of Jack Black, Will Ferrell and a memorable “The Simpsons” tribute for the former writer of the show.

“That whole week of last shows was fun, but to be there that last night…. was powerful. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop, waiting to have the nervous breakdown where I think, oh my god, it’s over, what have I done. That never happened. I was very happy,” O’Brien said. 

“I was very happy that I was able to say that succinctly. I wanted it to end with [saying] there was an idea here, and I think we stayed true to it, and that was very satisfying to me.”

O’Brien then discussed his new venture with HBO Max and what he hopes to accomplish with the show. 

“I hope there’s some appetite for [the HBO Max show]. I must keep going places and making nothing happen of any consequence that benefits humanity in no way,” O’Brien said.

Finally, O’Brien shared that one of the things that he missed doing is traveling around the world with “Conan Without Borders,” which is still expected to air on TBS. 

“I miss shooting those travel shows, and I would like to do more of those because that is my favorite comedy to do. Us in a foreign country, way over our heads, sometimes being attacked by angry mobs,” O’Brien joked.

News Television

Stephanie Ruhle: Elon Musk Isn’t Trying to ‘Tank’ Twitter

On Sunday, MSNBC host Stephanie Ruhle, one of Musk’s sharpest critics, tweeted that she doesn’t believe Musk is trying to ruin the company. 

Ryan Hedrick

Published

on

blank

Billionaire Elon Musk issued pink slips at Twitter last week which prompted thousands of resignations at the platform.  

On Sunday, MSNBC host Stephanie Ruhle, one of Musk’s sharpest critics, tweeted that she doesn’t believe Musk is trying to ruin the company. 

“I don’t buy the argument that @elonmusk is trying to tank twitter,” she said. “No one knows how it will turn out…but clearly, he’s putting in A LOT of hours wrestling with this beast.” 

In July, The Hill reported that Ruhle branded Musk a “bully” after he posted a meme making fun of Hunter Biden. 

“Imagine the positive impact you could have on the world if you used the extraordinary amount of influence and power you have to spread decency, kindness and positivity?” Ruhle said.
“Imagine if MSNBC did that,” Musk responded. 

Twitter users responded to Ruhle Sunday by sharing some thoughts of whether they feel Musk is trying to “tank” the company. 

If Twitter doesn’t make enough revenue to cover debt payments, how many shares of Telsa will Elon have to sell to cover the payments?” One user said. 

“He’s clearly trying to tank it! He or someone who pays him sees it as a place where the truth gets out, people have some power, and liberals work together. He bought it to take a wrecking ball to it, nothing he’s done looks otherwise,” posted another user. 

Continue Reading

News Television

Benjamin Hall Accepts Award for Courage, Commitment to Newsgathering

Hall appeared at the 4th annual Patriot Awards last week to accept an award for his courage and commitment to newsgathering.

Ryan Hedrick

Published

on

blank

Fox News correspondent Benjamin Hall appeared at the 4th annual Patriot Awards last week to accept an award for his courage and commitment to newsgathering. 

In March, Hall was injured in a Russian artillery attack in Kyiv, Ukraine. Pierre Zakrzewski and local Ukrainian producer Oleksandra Kuvshynova were killed in the attack. 

The award was presented by Harris Faulkner and Johnny Joey Jones. 

“Benjamin Hall has been and continues to be an inspiration to all of us. He is one of the most positive people I’ve ever met in my life and one heck of a journalist,” Faulkner said. 

“I wish I could be there in person to pick it up, but I can’t yet. I am doing very well now. I’m walking a lot better,” stated Hall. “I’m seeing better. My injuries are getting better and that is all thanks to the people who came to save me.”  

The blast resulted in Hall losing right leg and left foot. He has lost use of one eye, one ear, and his left hand. 

“It’s thanks to the people who put me back together. The doctors, the nurses, the airmen, the soldiers who all in some sense risked their own lives to save me. So, I want to lift this award to them, I want to lift his award to them, to all of us and to everyone who is doing the same sort of things out there. Thank you all. I’ll see you soon,” he added. 

Continue Reading

News Television

Joshua Johnson Exits NBC News After Networks Cancels Show

The final broadcast occurred on Friday and TV Newser adds that Johnson and NBC News Now chief Janelle Rodriguez delivered the cancellation news to show staff on that day too. 

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

blank

Changes continue to occur at NBCUniversal as NBC News’ Joshua Johnson is leaving the network after the company announced that it was canceling the NBC News Now show, “Now Tonight.” 

“Now Tonight” has streamed weekdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT since debuting in Dec. 2021, but less than a year after launching, the network wants to move in a new direction with the program. 

“We’re heading in a new programming direction, which we’ll announce soon. We thank Joshua for his contributions and wish him all the best,” an NBC News spokesperson said in a statement (h/t TV Newser). 

The final broadcast occurred on Friday and TV Newser adds that Johnson and NBC News Now chief Janelle Rodriguez delivered the cancellation news to show staff on that day too. 

In addition, Rodriguez clarified that no one else’s employment at NBC News would be negatively impacted.

“Creating and anchoring @NBCNowTonight has been an honor,” Johnson tweeted. “[Friday, Nov. 18], that journey ends. This is my last day @NBCNews … Thank you so much for supporting me on @NBCNewsNOW & @Peacock. Onward!”

Continue Reading
Advertisement blank
Advertisement blank

Barrett Media Writers

Copyright © 2022 Barrett Media.