Connect with us

News Television

Jesse Watters: Viewers Will Play a Role on My New Show

Watters has launched his new weekday solo show “Jesse Watters Primetime” and he spoke with TheWrap to discuss the details.

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

Fox News anchor Jesse Watters has launched his new weekday solo show “Jesse Watters Primetime” and he wants to incorporate elements of his former weekend show, “Watters World.”

“We’re also going to be debuting something,” Watters stated in an interview with TheWrap

“You know how my mom’s always texting me? We didn’t think that was fair for just my mom to be able to text me, so we’re going to be putting out a number where the whole country can text me. We’re going to have an open line of communication with the country, so I’ll be listening to them.”

Watters also says he wants viewers to play an active role in the show. The Fox News anchor wants his program to be “an entertaining hour with news and politics and culture, crime, tabloid — everything,” which is why Watters wants to make sure he takes in viewer feedback.

“That’s what the show is about: Listening and then rallying for the people. We’ll be having a segment at the end of each show where I will be putting people’s texts on the air, and I’ll be responding to them because we want to hear from the people,” Watters stated. 

In addition to “Primetime,” Watters will remain a fixture on “The Five,” which airs at 5 p.m. ET. The anchor will have an hour between that show and his new nightly program, so he stated what he plans to do with that hour between his two shows.

“I’m going to be deciding the entire hour what I want to do. It’s my show,” he said. “The producers on ‘The Five’ usually kind of set the rundown, with some input from the hosts.”

“And it’s a very entertaining show, and that’s why people tune in, but this more of a solo hosting gig and this is my hour, so I’m going to be doing topics that I care about, whether it’s getting fatter paychecks, whether it’s controlling the border, whether it’s political correctness.”

News Television

Tiffany Cross: A Civil War in the U.S. is Here

Cross blamed right-wing ming pointed to the response from some conservatives who have responded with anger after last week’s FBI raid of Mar-a-Lago.

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

While filling in as a guest host on “The ReidOut,” MSNBC host Tiffany Cross stated on Thursday the United States is already in a “civil war.”

Cross blamed right-wing ming pointed to the response from some conservatives who have responded with anger after last week’s FBI raid of Mar-a-Lago.

“It’s not really rhetoric that we can deal with. I mean, you have millions of people turning into a propaganda network every night,” Cross said, referencing Fox News, per Mediaite

“And then, as if that were not bad enough, that’s an extremist network itself; you have these fringe popup outlets from OAN to Newsmax.”

Furthermore, Cross stated that some believe a Civil War is coming again to the U.S., but the host says it’s already here. 

“People keep saying a civil war is coming,” Cross added. “I would say a civil war is here. And I don’t mean to be hyperbolic. We can look at what has happened in the past week alone since all this has happened.”

“We’ve had two people tried to declare war with FBI field offices. I don’t think at this point we’re all gonna go home and pack up our bags and go home and sing ‘Kumbaya.’”

Continue Reading

News Television

The Daily Show’s Jordan Klepper to Host Six-Part Podcast

In a press release obtained by Barret News Media, “Jordan Klepper Fingers the Conspiracy” will join “The Daily Show’s” catalog of podcasts. 

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

“The Daily Show” is launching a six-part podcast series featuring their correspondent Jordan Klepper. 

In a press release obtained by Barret News Media, “Jordan Klepper Fingers the Conspiracy” will join “The Daily Show’s” catalog of podcasts. 

“Jordan Klepper encounters some of the more imaginative, conspiratorial minds America has to offer,” the statement said. 

“In this six-episode limited podcast series, Jordan steps off the trail to dig deep into some of the wildest theories he’s heard and trace their origins with journalists, experts, and anyone who might have a lead on when JFK Jr. is coming back.”

The Comedy Central program’s audio library already includes Hold Up, hosted by correspondent Dulcé Sloan and writer Josh Johnson, and Beyond the Scenes, hosted by Roy Wood Jr., which just began its second season this month.

Klepper’s new podcast doesn’t have a debut date but will be dropping this fall across all major podcast platforms and be produced in partnership with iHeartMedia. 

Last year’s Jordan Klepper “Fingers The Pulse – Into The MAGAverse” is the highest-rated and most-watched Daily Show special on YouTube to date. 

Continue Reading

News Television

Brian Stelter: Rare Privilege to Host Reliable Sources

Stelter provided a statement to NPR, but the soon-to-be former CNN host went on Twitter to further elaborate on the final “Reliable Sources” on Sunday. 

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

On Thursday, the news of Brian Stelter’s show “Reliable Sources” being canceled, leading to his departure from CNN, broke. 

A report from The Daily Beast suggested that Stelter had been at odds with the direction of the network after the departure of CNN President Jeff Zucker.

Stelter provided a statement to NPR, but the soon-to-be former CNN host went on Twitter to further elaborate on the final “Reliable Sources” on Sunday. 

“I loved anchoring @ReliableSources,” Stelter tweeted. “It was a rare privilege to lead a weekly show focused on the press at a time when it has never been more consequential.” 

“And here’s the thing we’re going to do it one more time. One more show. This Sunday morning. The small but mighty producing team is working on bookings and ideas right now. I am in awe of their talent, and I am going to do everything I can to help them find new roles. See you Sunday at 11 a.m. ET.”

CNN President Chris Licht informed Stelter regarding the cancellation of his show, ending the run of the network’s longest-running show. 

In a statement to Mediaite, a network spokesperson said that “CNN will end its Reliable Sources program on Sunday, August 21st. As a result, Brian Stelter will leave the company. We appreciate his contributions to the network and wish him well as he embarks on new endeavors.” 

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Barrett Media Writers

Copyright © 2021 Barrett Media.