Connect with us

News Television

Gayle King Confirms New Contract with CBS

“I officially signed on the dotted line. So I will be with CBS a little longer,” King said. 

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

CBS

Despite speculation regarding the future of Gayle King at CBS, she isn’t heading anywhere. 

The “CBS Mornings” co-host announced on her SiriusXM show, “Gayle King in the House” that she has signed a contract extension with the company. 

“I officially signed on the dotted line. So I will be with CBS a little longer,” King said. 

King staying with CBS ends speculation regarding a possible departure as her contract expired this year. Furthermore, there was a recent report that CNN President Jeff Zucker had reached out to her agents. 

The news channel viewed King as a possible replacement to the 9 p.m. ET slot left open following the firing of former anchor Chris Cuomo last year. 

“I don’t know why people thought that just because you have a grandchild now all of a sudden you just want to give up your career and go sit in California,” King said. 

“No. I still, you know, I still feel that in many ways, I’m just getting started. So I celebrated my ten-year anniversary; that was always great fun.”

King also discussed the ongoing changes at CBS News under Neeraj Khemlani and Wendy McMahon, the president and co-heads of CBS News and Stations. The two are emphasizing streaming. She revealed seeing the new studio for CBS News Streaming and said, “the vibe and the energy was so great over there.”

“The only thing I don’t like about this job are the hours,” she said. “But you can’t complain about the hours cause the job is what it is. And I’m so proud to be a part of the team; I’m so glad that the negotiations are over.”

On her show, King shared some details on the behind-the-scenes negotiations, even revealing how the company gave a presentation as to their plan for the future under Khemlani and McMahon. 

“Now I looked at that, and I thought, ‘God, do I wanna be a part of that?’ You know they believe in swinging for the fences, and I’m thinking I wanna play. I wanna to play,” King said. 

News Television

Rachel Maddow Details Demands to NBCUniversal During Contract Talks

It wasn’t “some sort of, like, hostile, heated negotiation with NBC,” Maddow said.

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

This year, MSNBC host Rachel Maddow has transitioned from being a daily news host to a weekly timeslot on Mondays while she focuses on other projects as part of her new contract. 

In an interview with Vanity Fair, Maddow shed light on the behind the scene details that went into the discussions with NBCUniversal, resulting in a new contract that will see her stay with the company through the 2024 election and a reported $30 million per year salary. 

It wasn’t “some sort of, like, hostile, heated negotiation with NBC,” Maddow said. “What I asked for, and I realize it’s a really hard thing to ask for from a big corporate entity, is flexibility, fluidity, and forgiveness.”

“Like, I want us to handle this in a way that we don’t have to map every second of it. And I want my staff to all stay employed, and I want them to be able to shift between different types of projects, just as I am.”

Alex Wagner takes over for Maddow Tuesday through Friday, as her show debuts on Aug. 16 at 9 PM ET. 

“This is not a show where our hair is on fire, and we’re yelling past each other, and we’re creating these manufactured moments of tension,” MSNBC President Rashida Jones said regarding the show’s format under Wagner in a June interview with The New York Times

“I really want the takeaway from this show to be a better understanding of what’s happening in the world.”

Continue Reading

News Television

Mehdi Hasan: Alex Jones Gained Credibility from Republican Party

Mehdi Hasan slammed the Republican Party for giving Jones credibility rather than allowing the InfoWars host to be a conspiracy theorist on the internet

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

This past week, a jury handed down a verdict that InfoWars owner Alex Jones must pay $4.1 million in compensatory damages in one of the host’s three lawsuits from Sandy Hook families. 

Following the verdict, MSNBC’s Mehdi Hasan slammed the Republican Party for giving Jones credibility rather than allowing the InfoWars host to be a conspiracy theorist on the internet. 

“It’s worth noting that Alex Jones is not just the far-right fringe figure he should be,” Hasan said on Friday’s edition of “The Mehdi Hasan Show.”

“Because past guests on his program. Like Donald Trump and Congressman Matt Gaetz and more recent guests like Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene have lent legitimacy to this conspiratorial far-right bloviator …”

Hasan added that these politicians appearing on Jones’ show gave him validation to a host “who peddles nonsense conspiracies about murdered children and Hillary Clinton being a demon and a so-called Jewish mafia controlling the world.”

“Alex Jones should have been rejected by Republican leaders and lawmakers, but instead, he was shamefully embraced,” Hasan concluded. 

Jones’ court appearances are not done as he has two more defamation trials pending, one in Austin and another in Connecticut. Furthermore, Jones told Judge Maya Guerra Gamble that anything more than $2 million would plunge the company. 

Continue Reading

News Television

Donald Trump Raising Funds to Sue CNN

The former president sent out a couple of emails titled “Let’s SUE CNN,” one of two fundraising emails sent out to his supporters on Friday.

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

Former President Donald Trump is attempting to sue CNN, but The Daily Beast reports that he’s asking his followers to send in money to “support” the legal action against the network. 

Trump has yet to file any legal documents that will see CNN on the receiving end of a defamation lawsuit. Instead, the former president sent out a couple of emails titled “Let’s SUE CNN,” one of two fundraising emails sent out to his supporters on Friday.

“I’m calling on my best and most dedicated supporters to add their names to stand with me in my impending LAWSUIT against Fake News CNN,” the email said. “Add your name IMMEDIATELY to show your support for my upcoming lawsuit against Fake News CNN.”

Afterward, a second email from Trump stated that the first 45 names to help would stand next to him as he stands against CNN. 

“I’m going to look over the names of the first 45 Patriots who added their names to publicly stand with their President AGAINST CNN,” the second email said. 

The former president threatened CNN with a lawsuit and sent the network’s General Counsel David Vigilante and top CNN executive Chris Licht a note titled, “Notice of Intent to Bring Civil Action for Defamation.”

“Without regard for President Trump’s genuine belief in his statements, CNN has published numerous articles characterizing him as a ‘liar’ and the purveyor of the ‘Big Lie,’” the Trump legal letter to CNN said.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Barrett Media Writers

Copyright © 2021 Barrett Media.