Connect with us

News Print & Digital

Chris Wallace: Future is In Good Shape Whether at CNN or Elsewhere

During a Common Ground Committee live-streamed event on “Media, Politics, and Polarization,” moderator Jacqueline Adams brought up the “elephant in the room,” asking him what led to the decision to ax CNN+.

Published

on

This past week, Warner Bros. Discovery pulled the plug on CNN+ less than a month since it launched. CNN+ anchor Chris Wallace was one of the marquee names that came over to be a part of the content on the streaming platform. 

During a Common Ground Committee live-streamed event on “Media, Politics, and Polarization,” moderator Jacqueline Adams brought up the “elephant in the room,” asking him what led to the decision to ax CNN+.

“The idea was you’ve got to get a foothold in the streaming world because that’s where the future of news off the mainstream networks is going to be,” Wallace said, per Mediaite.

“Now you have some equally smart people that have come in with a diametrically opposed view; these are the new bosses at CNN+ because of [the Warner Bros. Discovery merger] who have come to the conclusion that to have a narrow niche product like a news streaming service doesn’t work.”

Adams then asked Wallace what the future holds for him when the streaming service ceases to exist on April 30th. Nonetheless, a recent report suggests that the former Fox News anchor could be seeing his show head to CNN. 

“I mean my gosh, Jackie, it just happened on Thursday. Give me a couple days,” Wallace said. “I will say this; I am going to be fine. I’m in good shape whether it’s at CNN or someplace else.”

“Frankly, what I’m mostly concerned about right now and very, is my team and the hundreds of other people. Because, you know, there were 300 people I think that had jobs at CNN+. Some of them had left CNN to go to streaming, some of them had left other places, moved across the country.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News Print & Digital

New Texas Law Will Make It Illegal to Block, Ban Posts on Social Media Outlets

Texas lawmakers ruled last week that makes it illegal to block, ban, remove, deplatform, demonetize, and de-boost posts on social media platforms.

Published

on

Texas lawmakers have put Big Tech on notice following a ruling last week that makes it illegal to block, ban, remove, deplatform, demonetize, and de-boost posts on social media platforms with 50 million or more US monthly users.

The 15-word ruling will most likely set the stage for an intense debate in the Supreme Court and could further divide a nation struggling to interpret free speech and the First Amendment.

According to MSN, Texas’s law, HB 20, which seeks to address the perceived imbalance, was blocked in December by a district court judge who ruled it was unconstitutional under the First Amendment.

Trade organizations NetChoice and the Computer Communications Industry Association have appealed directly to the Supreme Court, according to The Verge. In a statement, NetChoice counsel Chris Marchese said the law strips private online businesses of their speech rights.

“The First Amendment prohibits Texas from forcing online platforms to host and promote foreign propaganda, pornography, pro-Nazi speech, and spam,” he added.

The Texas attorney general’s that the appeals court made the right decision and said it would continue defending the Texas law.

Continue Reading

News Print & Digital

Ted Sarandos to Staffers: Quit Netflix if You Find It Hard to Support Our Content

The Netflix CEO sent an internal memo discussing the diversity of its products and suggested that some content may conflict with people’s personal beliefs. 

Published

on

As streaming giant Netflix continues to hemorrhage subscribers, the company has reportedly told its employees to find a new job if they’re offended by some of the content that is being created.  

According to Variety, CEO Ted Sarandos sent an internal memo discussing the diversity of its products and suggested that some content may conflict with people’s personal beliefs. 

“Depending on your role, you may need to work on titles you perceive to be harmful,” the memo said. “If you’d find it hard to support our content breadth, Netflix may not be the best place for you.”

According to the company’s first-quarter earnings report, Netflix lost 200,000 subscribers during the January-March period. Some employees staged a walkout when Dave Chapelle railed against transgenderism. At that time, the company vowed not to silence its artists. 

Sarandos reiterated that Netflix supports individualism and respects the principles and values of its subscribers. 

“While every title is different, we approach them based on the same set of principles: We support the artistic expression of the creators we choose to work with; we program for a diversity of audiences and tastes; and we let viewers decide what’s appropriate for them, versus having Netflix censor specific artists or voices,” the memo added.

Continue Reading

News Print & Digital

Elon Musk Committed to Buying Twitter Despite Deal Being on Hold

The Telsa CEO linked a Reuters report, stating that false or spam accounts depict fewer than 5-percent of its monetizable daily engaged users during the first quarter.

Published

on

Elon Musk’s endeavor to purchase Twitter is temporarily on pause due to the pending investigation into the number of bots that comprise the social media outlet’s userbase.

The Telsa CEO linked a Reuters report, stating that false or spam accounts depict fewer than 5-percent of its monetizable daily engaged users during the first quarter.

“Twitter deal temporarily on hold pending details supporting calculation that spam/fake accounts do indeed represent less than 5% of users,” Musk tweeted on Friday. 

Musk then added that he’s “still committed to acquisition” of the social media giant. Twitter had 229 million users who were served advertising in the first quarter.

The disclosure came days after Musk, who has agreed to a deal to buy Twitter for $44 billion, tweeted that one of his priorities would be to rid “spam bots” from the platform.

Also, Twitter shares declined 11-percent pre-market trading after Musk tweeted the Reuters article; however, shares for Tesla increased as much as 4.9-percent. 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2021 Barrett Media.